Tuesday, August 10, 2010

And God said let there be light...

Most of you all know that I started working again. I am now a proud waitress at Larry's BBQ in Daleville. There aren't many places to eat in Daleville and its close to Alan's work so my family has become regulars there. When I saw they were hiring I jumped at the opportunity. I was really nervous about working because honestly I haven't worked in almost 5 years. I got to thinking of how this could be a great missions opportunity for me. I prayed that the Lord would place believers and nonbelievers in my path. And boy did God ever hear the part about placing the lost in my path. Last night was my first night, and all the girls were so sweet to me. They really helped me and made me feel welcomed. I could tell by the way they were talking that they didn't have the joy of Christ in their lives. I was talking with my sister-in-law after work, who is serving overseas right now, and I told her that I kind of felt like she did. Its hard being the only believer in a dark place. I pray my new friends at work can see there is something different about me. That everything I say and do will be pleasing to His eyes. I pray that the Lord will provide times for me to share my testimony and be a LIGHT not a dim light, but like a brand new bulb that lights up the whole room. Please pray for me too. Thank you Lord for your love and mercy.

2 comments:

  1. Oh how I'm so blessed to have you in my life! You are definitely a light in this dark world. God has great things in store for you, Katie Martin Bond! I love you so stinkin much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And He will. I'm excited about this new part of your life. I think it will be good. Love you tons.

    ReplyDelete