Thursday, July 14, 2011

Internal and Eternal Peace

I would like to take a minute to write about something that bugs me. I really hate when someone passes away and people say Rest In Peace (RIP.) I know it's just a way of giving your respects, but death is not resting. When I hear somebody say that I honestly picture somebody jumping and running on top of somone's grave and them having their "rest" interrupted. Rest in peace should be said to someone before they lay down for a nap or before bed, not after they die. I would love a nap where I could rest in peace.When you die you're either going to heaven or hell. In heaven there will be no resting. We will be busy singing and worshipping our heavenly father. In hell there will be no resting, only constant torment and agony. People make death into what they want it to be. Most of the time its a fictional place they have imagined up to help them sleep better at night. Heaven and hell are real. Those are your only two options when you die, where resting is not nor will ever be on the daily agenda. So....for the love of bond can we please stop saying that? There has to be something better..theres just gotta be!!

No comments:

Post a Comment